The Auto Repair Journal
In this issue of The Auto Repair Journal we are featuring automotive recyclers and recycled parts. Automotive recycling and recycled parts have been around for years but today the call for recycled parts use in repairs is more than ever before. We hope that you will find the content within this issue a useful tool in determining where you will find and qualify the option of recycled parts.
- We have two automotive recyclers as advertisers on a regular basis in The Auto Repair Journal and they are showcased in this issue as featured advertisers with us. The first is aaa Auto Parts and you will find their story on page 4, aaa Auto Parts Turns 30 This Year! By Patrick McKinney. The second featured advertiser you can read about is PAM's Auto in PAM's Auto 2013 by Wes Bradford on page 13.
- Just like making any purchase, it's important to buy from the right source so when looking for recycled parts where do you start. Automotive Recycling Associations can help take some of the guess work out of the process. Learn more in Pre-Qualifing an Automotive Recycler on page 7.
- In The Automotive Recycling Industry, An Overview by D. A. Freedlund, on page 9 you can get an overview of the industry and dispel some of the preconceived notions of what automotive recycling is today.
- We have press releases on two car shows in this issue. The first is Back to the 50's coming the weekend of June 21, 22, & 23 to the Minnesota State Fair Grounds in St. Paul. This show is always a favorite of ours. We will be there Friday so say stop us and say "Hello" if you see us out there. The second is a new car show that will take place along the shores of Lake Minnetonka in Excelsior, MN. This event is a benefit for the Courage Center Foundation.
- The NPD, a global information company, has issued a press release on their findings on car service providers and the opportunities to cross-sell services to consumers while in their shop.
- SEMA seems like a long ways from now but hotels are now accepting reservation.
On the cover
Photo taken at Car Craft Summer Nationals 2012, July 2012
By Ryan McClellan